Re-dispersible Latex Powders
Redispersible powders are organic polymer powders manufactured by spray drying an aqueous emulsion. They are used in combination with cellulose ethers and other additives to upgrade cement or gypsum based dry mix products. The particle size distribution of the redispersion is a measure of the re-dispersibility which is an important property of redispersible polymer powders. Some of the different types of redispersible powders include vinyl acetate homopolymers (VA), vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymers (VAE), vinyl acetate-vinyl ester of versatic acid (VA/VeoVa).
Redispersible powders provide the following wide range of functional properties:
- Decreased water demand / improved workability.
- Increased adhesion in variable substrates.
- Mechanical flexibility and durability.
- Increased tensile strength and flexural strength.
- Increased impact and abrasion resistance.
- Improved freeze/thaw resistance.
- Higher and more durable product quality.